How to Use Those Thanksgiving Leftovers
- - 2 cups mashed potatoes
- - 1 egg, beaten
- - 1 scallion, minced
- - Salt & pepper
- - Flour & breadcrumbs for dredging
- - 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- - 1/2 cup maple syrup
- - 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- - 1/4 cup ketchup
- - 1/4 cup water
- - Juice of 1 orange
- - 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- - 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- - 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix potatoes, egg, scallion, and salt and pepper together. Form into six patties and dredge in flour and breadcrumbs.
- Sauté until browned on both sides and heated through.
- Serve as is or "poutine-style" by topping with sauteed cheese curd and leftover gravy.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook on low to medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Use with chicken or pork.
- Pair with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Busler's Beauties Blush.