Shrimp Croquettes With Sauce Rémoulade
Chef Chris Manning brings us this recipe just in time for the holidays. You can use the same croquette recipe for chicken, canned salmon, or any leftover meat.
- - 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked, chilled and chopped
- - 1/4 cup minced celery
- - 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- - 1/4 cup minced red onion
- - 2 eggs, beaten
- - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- - 1 sleeve soda or saltine crackers, crushed
- - Salt & pepper to taste
- - 1 cup mayonnaise
- - 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- - 1 green onion, minced
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- - 1 tablespoon salad mustard
- - 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- - 1 tablespoon horseradish
- - 1 tablespoon paprika
- Mix ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and allow to chill for about an hour. Form into patties and dredge in additional cracker crumbs.
- Sauté in butter or oil until golden on both sides.
- Serve with Sauce Rémoulade.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Allow to chill for an hour before serving.
- Use as a dipping sauce for seafood and fried foods.
- Pair with Naked Chardonnay from Coyote Moon Vineyards.