A perfect dish for the start of Lent!
- - 1/2 cup diced celery
- - 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- - 1/2 cup diced asparagus tips
- - 1/2 cup diced onion (green or white)
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 2 tablespoons butter
- - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- - Salt & pepper to taste
- - 1 pound peeled & deveined shrimp (21-25 count)
- - 1/2 cup Coyote Moon's Naked Chardonnay
- - 1 cup packed baby spinach
- - 1 cup packed arugula
- - Juice of half a lemon (or lime)
- - 2 pounds cooked pasta
- - Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Sauté celery, bell pepper, asparagus, onion, red pepper, and garlic in butter and oil in four-quart dutch oven on low heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion begins to wilt and asparagus begins to soften.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink on both sides. Add the wine, citrus juice, and greens. Cook until greens are wilted.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- Pair with Naked Chardonnay from Coyote Moon Vineyards.