This delicious sauce is great over chicken, pork chops, or pasta.
- - 2 tablespoons butter
- - 1/2 cup diced onions
- - 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- - 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- - 1/2 cup sliced prosciutto or capicola ham
- - 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 tablespoon capers
- - 1/2 cup artichoke hearts (optional)
- - 1/2 cup Marsala or sherry wine
- - 1/4 cup heavy cream
- - Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté onions peppers and mushroom in butter until onions begin to wilt. Stir in prosciutto (or ham), garlic, capers, artichoke hearts (if using).
- Deglaze pan with wine. Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens to coat the back of a spoon. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve over sautéed chicken breast or thinly sliced pork chops. Can be served with rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.
- Pair with Chardonnay from Coyote Moon Vineyards.