Maple-Lime Buerre Blanc
It's a north country twist on a classic French butter cream sauce.
This week Chef Chris Manning creates a maple-lime beurre blanc.
"It goes so well with so many different things," he says, including seafood, fish and chicken.
He says it's quick and easy to make and is a good idea for people trying to come up with something new for Thanksgiving.
- Maple-Lime Beurre Blanc
- - 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- - 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- - 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- - 2 tablespoons white wine
- - 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- - 1/2 cup heavy cream
- - 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan. Add green onions, garlic and ginger and sauté lightly. Add white wine, lime juice, heavy cream, and maple syrup. Allow to cook down on low heat.
- Finish by stirring in remaining 6 tablespoons butter.
- Pair with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Gold Label Chardonnay.