Comforting Mushroom Sauce
"Comfort food at it's finest," says Chef Chris Manning. This is a mushroom sauce that can be served with chicken, pork, beef, and/or pasta.
- Mushroom Sauce
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 2 tablespoons butter
- - 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- - 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- - 1/4 cup chicken gravy (or beef gravy if serving with beef)
- - 1 cup heavy cream
- - 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Sauté whatever meat you're using in the olive oil and butter on medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms until onions begin to wilt. Add gravy and cream, turning heat to low. Simmer until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pair with Gold Label Chardonnay from Coyote Moon Vineyards.