Rub a steak with coffee?
That's one of the ingredients Chef Chris Manning uses in this steak rub.
It makes a nice crust, the chef says, and he serves it with grilled tomato and onion slices.
- - 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- - 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- - 2 tablespoons salt
- - 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- - 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Yields about a half cup, enough for four 12-ounce New York strip steaks.
- Rub with hands into both sides of steaks and let rest for about an hour. Grill steaks to desired temperature and serve.
- Pairs well with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Marquette wine.