Casino Stuffed Shrimp
Chef Chris Manning shows a tasty, but simple dish for Valentine's Day.
Clams casino was a popular dish in restaurants years ago. The chef makes a version with shrimp.
- - 1 1/2 cups water
- - 1/2 stick (1/8 pound) butter
- - 1 small can chopped clams, drained
- - 3 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- - 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- - 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- - 1 package stuffing mix
- - 1 egg, beaten
- - 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- - 1 pound 16- to 20-count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring water and butter to a boil in 2-quart sauce pan. Add the clams, bacon and peppers. Stir in stuffing mix, then cover and allow to cool to room temperature. Mix in egg and Parmesan.
- Split shrimp down center (butterfly) and lay flat on prep area with shell side up. Place tablespoon of stuffing on each shrimp and fold tail over top to hold it together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
- Pairs well with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Naked Chardonnay