Baked Stuffed Eggplant
If you like stuffed peppers, you'll love this baked stuffed eggplant recipe.
It's not only fairly easy to make, but you can prepare it ahead of time.
- - 2 medium eggplants, halved and hollowed out (reserve insides)
- - 1/2 cup diced onion
- - 1/2 cup diced celery
- - 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- - 1/2 cup diced carrots
- - 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- - 2 cups cooked rice
- - 2 eggs, beaten
- - 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- - 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- - 1/2 cup diced ham or bacon
- - 1/2 cup diced sausage
- - 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place the four eggplant halves in a shallow baking dish. Dice the insides of the eggplants and mix together with all the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the eggplant halves with the mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. The eggplant should be lightly browned on top.
- Serve on a bed of baby arugula and top with your favorite tomato sauce and more grated Parmesan.
- Pair with Marquette Red from Coyote Moon Vineyards.