It's a Mexican meatball soup that has Spanish roots.
It's called Albondigas Soup and Chef Chris Manning says it's his favorite meatball recipe because the meatballs come out very moist.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground spicy sausage, such as chorizo, linguiça or andouille
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 slices fresh white bread, cut or broken into small pieces
- 1 pack Goya sazón seasoning
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shot of tequila
- Grind spicy sausage in food processor and mix with beef and pork.
- Grind onion, carrot, celery, peppers, and garlic in food processor and mix into meat mixture along with bread pieces, Goya seasoning, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Makes 30 2-ounce meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sauté onions, celery, carrots, and peppers in olive oil until vegetables are softened.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tequila.
- Add meatballs and cook until warmed through.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, Asiago cheese, and green onions.
- Pair with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Marquette.