Scampi a la Greque
This is a Greek-style scampi that takes only 20 minutes to create!
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 1 tablespoon butter
- - 1/2 cup minced green onion
- - 1/2 cup minced celery
- - 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- - 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- - 1/2 cup medium-size pitted ripe olives
- - 1/4 cup dry white wine
- - 1 teaspoon Cavender's Greek-style seasoning
- - 1 pound 31- to 40-count shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- In a 14-inch sauté pan, cook the onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, tomato, and olives in the butter and olive oil until the onion begins to wilt.
- Add the wine, seasoning, and shrimp and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and flat-leaf parsley.
- Pair with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Frontenac Gris.