Cranberry-Orange Relish & Kamargo Pie
One of Chef Manning's favorites for Thanksgiving is Cranberry-Orange Relish. It's a fresh, tangy alternative to the stuff that comes in a can.
And then there's dessert. For that, he shows us Kamargo Pie, an alternative to holiday favorite pecan pie.
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 orange cut into eight pieces (seeds removed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur or brandy
- - 1 10-inch unbaked pie shell
- - 4 eggs, beaten
- - 3/4 cup cup maple syrup
- - 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- - 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- - 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- - 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- - 2 teaspoons rye whiskey
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- - 2 medium apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- - 1 cup small chocolate chips
- - 1/2 cup craisins
- - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Serve alongside your Thanksgiving turkey.
- Mix the eggs, syrup, sugars, butter, flour, whiskey, and vanilla together. Line the bottom of the pie crust with the apples.
- Scatter chocolate chips, craisins, and walnuts on top of apples. Pour batter slowly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Pair with Coyote Moon Vineyard's Brianna wine.