Maple Apricot Glaze
If you like things fruity, but not too sweet, Chef Chris Manning has a glaze you might want to try.
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sweet & Spicy Sauce (or Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce)
- Juice of half an orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes and turn off heat.
- Allow to cool and use as glaze for chicken, pork or ham.
- Pair with Brianna wine from Coyote Moon Vineyards.