The need for a strong, supportive family remains throughout life. The Family Permanency Program of the North Country supports the continuum of care after adoption and legal guardianship.
Designed to support Post- Adoptive and Post-Guardianship Families and prevent the dissolution of placements, this Program connects families with valuable community services including:
- Support Groups
- Casework Services
The Program enables children and their families to thrive in a wholesome, safe and loving environment. Caseworkers, Counselors, and Parent Advocates work together as a team to help protect the family’s rights, provide critical support services, increase the family’s engagement in case planning and decision-making, and provide access to community resources.
- Advocacy services
- Casework Counseling and Support aimed at enhancing family self-sufficiency
- Support Groups for Adoptive Parents/Guardians and Youth
- Casework Counseling and Support Groups
- Individual Mental Health and Family Therapy
- Help with goal setting and action plans
- Fostering of healthy family relationships
- Connectivity to critical community resources
- Monthly training and education opportunities
The Program is available for families residing in Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis, Oswego and St. Lawrence Counties who meet the Family Permanency Program guidelines. Families may refer themselves for services. Referrals are also accepted from public and private organizations, as well as community agencies.
For more information or to determine program eligibility, please contact the Program Manager at (315) 788-7430.
The Post Adoption Program is funded through the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS).
Children’s Home of Jefferson County
P.O. Box 6550
Watertown, NY 13601
“Creating opportunities to enhance lives one relationship at a time.”