CARE COORDINATION SERVICES:
The Children’s Home provides Care Coordination services to adults living in Jefferson County. Services include Strength-Based Assessments, Individualized Service Planning, Care Coordination, and Transition Planning.
The goals of care management services are to reduce the risk of long-term inpatient treatment, and minimize the use of emergency services, link adults to community-based services and support systems.
If you are receiving Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, or are Medicaid eligible, reside in Jefferson County and have been diagnosed with a chronic medical condition or have mental health concerns, you may qualify for services. If you meet the eligibility criteria above and would like to enroll in the Care Coordination Program, please contact the Outreach Coordinator at (315) 777-9713. The Care Coordination Program is dedicated to working with you to ensure all your health care needs are met and you have the opportunity to live a healthy, fulfilling life.
CARE COORDINATION PROVIDES:
- Strength-Based Assessments: To help the person identify strengths and needs, Care Coordinators sit with each person and complete an assessment.
- Individualized Service Plans: With the broad goal of enhancing the quality of life, based on the results of the assessment process, Care Coordinators assist the person in developing a plan of action specific to their unique circumstances which uses strengths to address identified needs.
- Care Coordination: Care Coordinators link the person to community-based services identified in the Individualized Service Plan.
- Transition Planning: As part of the planning process, Care Coordinators work with the person to ensure a plan is also in place which will help them continue accessing needed services and supports as they transition out of Care Coordination Services.
CARE COORDINATION PROVIDES:
- Medical Services
- Mental Health Services
- Self-help and Support
- Specialty Services
- Home Care and Nursing
- Financial Education
- Educational Services
- Food and Shelter
- Any other identified area of need
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH IN JEFFERSON COUNTY:
Adult Case Management Services were first introduced in Jefferson County in 2001. These services were provided through the NYS New Initiatives Funding program aimed at reducing the risk of long-term inpatient treatment and use of emergency mental health services by adults living in New York State.
In 2004 the Children’s Home was awarded the contract to provide Case Management Services to adults living in Jefferson County. Children’s Home Case Managers work with adults in developing and utilizing community supports that directly impact their ability to avoid inpatient hospitalization and reduce the need for emergency mental health services.
In 2013, Case Management Services for adults with mental health issues transitioned into Care Management with a focus on comprehensive health care for adults with chronic conditions and to assist them to live a healthy, fulfilling life.
Accepting provider and self-referrals of all ages.